Back in December 2013 we started our journey on adding a new breed to our business when we purchased a salt and pepper female Miniature Schnauzer. He called her Henriette or Hetty for short. With Hetty and our miniature poodle Benji we will be producing Schnoodles.
Though this was the first step in our journey we began planning some time before. When we began thinking about what type of dog breed we would like to add we had many considerations. We knew for sure we wanted to do another Hybrid dog because this helps lower genetically passed difficulties found in other breeds.
Our primary focus is and always has been to produce Family Friendly Pets, so we thought of what makes a family friendly pet (intelligence, temperament, good with , energy level, friendliness, cuteness and adaptability), we wanted to produce low to non shedding dogs because allergies are often a barrier to getting or keeping a bet in a family, we also wanted a breed that would suit our families needs (our moms and dads are part of our family and we needed whatever dog we chose to fit in with us and our other dogs this meant size, portability etc.), we wanted a dog that would be easy to breed and deliver puppies from and we wanted a dog that was unique to Maritime region in which we live.
After figuring out what qualities we wanted we did our research to find out what breed would best for us and for the families we want to buy our puppies. Our research lead us to the Schnoodle .
- Schnoodles are a hybrid combination of Schnauzers and Poodles.
- Schnoodles take on the characteristics of both their parent breeds, which are both highly intelligent, playful, good with children, they are energetic, loyal and bond with a family easiliy
- Because both the parent breeds are non shedding and non allergenic these truly are hypo-allergenic dogs
- We wanted to do a doodle breed to be able to use our existing male Benji, and Miniature Schnuazers quite similar in temperament to the cockers and poodles that are already in our family, they are around the same size and they play well with other dogs so they suited our family. And we fell in love with descriptions and pictures we saw of schnoodles online.
- Miniature Schnauzers are easy to breed generally have fair size healthy litters where we found some other breeds we considered have difficult pregnancy smaller litter sizes and high puppy mortality rates.
- We searched and could not find any other Schnoodle breeders on PEI or around the maritimes in general so this was a unique breed that we want to be able to introduce to our region.
For these reasons and many more we searched and found the right Miniature Schnauzer puppy for our family which we are confident should produce beautiful Schnoodles with our dog Benji. Hetty has been quite the welcome addition to our family she fits right in gets along and plays with the other dogs and is often the star of the show when people come over to visit.
We are still about a year away from when she will have her first litter, we wanted to begin to let people know about Schnoodles now so we can begin to peak interest. So if you are interested in schnoodles and want to find out more information about them or would like to be added to a waiting list for schnoodles please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com